Work Experience Discovery – Insight Programme [Birmingham]
- Company: KPMG
- Location: Birmingham
- Closing Date: 30-09-2022
Our Discovery Virtual Work Experience programme has been designed with students like you in mind – bright, curious and enthusiastic. As well as giving you the chance to gain an invaluable overview of the professional services sector, this programme will give you an excellent virtual insight into the work we do, our culture and people – and provide you with some interactive learning opportunities to enhance your skills.
Available for students finishing Year 13/S5-S6 in 2022 and looking to start an apprenticeship career in autumn 2022, this the perfect chance to discover if KPMG is the place for you. You’ll get a chance to virtually interact with other students, participate in skills workshops to develop some of the key skills you’ll need to thrive – meeting colleagues from across the firm along the way.
This virtual experience will also give you the chance to get ahead and be fast-tracked through the recruitment process for one of our Apprenticeship Programmes upon completion of your Discovery experience.
Our Discovery work experience programmes will run during October across two days for the following regions:
- Scotland: 19th – 20th October 2022
- London & South East: 25th – 26th October 2022
- North: 27th – 28th October 2022
- Midlands & South West: 27th – 28th October 2022
- Programme Length:
- 2 days (virtual)
- Standard entry requirements – UK
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Grades A*- C or 4 – 9 (inc. Maths at minimum B or Level 5 and English Language)
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points under the 2017 tariff point system (e.g. BBC at A Level or equivalent qualifications)
We only consider a candidate’s top 3 A-Level grades or equivalent (such as BTECs), and do not accept General Studies.
You will also need to meet the Access Accountancy criteria in order to make an application to the KPMG Discovery programme. This initiative supports young people from low income families to have access to the accountancy profession. You will need to:
- Attend state school or college, and
- The occupation of your main household earner when you were aged 14 is categorised as a lower socio-economic background*, or
- Be eligible (or have been eligible) for free school meals (or attend a school with ‘above regional average’ free school meals*), or
- Your immediate family did not attend university.
- Key Skills:
- Throughout the programme we will be looking for you to demonstrate and reflect on the strengths that we look for at KPMG.
To get the most out of Discovery you’ll need to be curious, ask questions, and be enthusiastic to learn and develop for yourself and your work.
We are looking for someone who can spot new opportunities and has the initiative and resilience to make the most of them.