Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship Programme
- Company: Royal Mail
- Location: Multiple Locations
- Closing Date: 17-03-2022
Royal Mail has a clear vision to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe and is one of the UK’s largest employers. We’re investing with the aim to improve service, efficiency and productivity through a range of innovative digitally-enabled work tools and targeted investments including two new dedicated state of the art parcel sorting hubs. Achieving our strategy depends on having the best possible talent at all levels in our business, supported by a culture that gives individuals the opportunity to grow and develop
What to Expect
On our advanced engineering apprenticeship, you’ll get to grips with the cutting-edge technology needed to deliver a first-class service – covering everything from robotics to intelligent sorting machines. On top of an unique foundation for understanding all of the technology involved in delivery, you’ll learn how a FTSE-100 organisation uses it to improve its business.
You’ll spend part of your first year in Blackburn, working and learning alongside other engineering apprentices and getting under the skin of how things work in an engineering environment. As part of this, you’ll then learn how to fix, maintain and review our technology. All whilst being guided by senior colleagues who will provide you with the support required to become a first class engineer. On top of your on-the-job experience you’ll also work towards an Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship Mechatronics Technician Standard, that is recognised across the industry and will help you build your career here. Further opportunities to continue onto higher level apprenticeships are available e.g. HNC, Degree and MSc programmes.
About The Programme
- Three-year programme
- £13,028 to £20,728 per year starting salary, dependant on age plus location allowance: minimum of £2,178 per year for inner London and minimum of £3,351 per year for outer London. Annual pay increases awarded plus benefits
- Salary on completion: minimum of £31,024 per year
- 33-week residential course in year one in Blackburn
- Membership with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Five GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C/4 or higher required
Locations Available all over the UK incl. : Cardiff, London, Bristol, South Midlands, Peterborough, Sheffield, Warrington, Swindon, Manchester and many more