Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship – Romford
- Company: Royal Mail
- Location: Romford, London
- Closing Date: 29-05-2022
On an average day, we sort 26 million items. Getting each item where it needs to be is a complex, logistical challenge – one that we need our engineers to help solve. We won’t achieve our ambitious goal to be the best delivery company in UK without the latest technology and thinking – which our engineers provide.
- Three-year programme
- £13,028 to £20,728 per year starting salary, dependant on age plus location allowance: minimum of £3,351 per year for inner London and minimum of £2,178 per year for outer London. Annual pay increases awarded plus benefits
- Salary on completion: minimum of £31,024 per year
- 33-week residential course in year one in Blackburn
- Membership with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Five GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C/4 or higher required
About the programme
On our advanced engineering apprenticeship, you’ll get to grips with the cutting-edge technology needed to deliver a first-class service – covering everything from robotics to intelligent sorting machines. On top of an unique foundation for understanding all of the technology involved in delivery, you’ll learn how a FTSE-100 organisation uses it to improve its business.
Who we’re looking for
What you do need is a natural curiosity and a strong work ethic. We’re looking for people who can work well as part of a team and are driven to find the answers to problems. On top of that you’ll need to be a strong communicator and have five GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C/4 or higher.