Applied Intelligence DevOps Engineering Apprenticeship
- Company: BAE Systems
- Location: Leeds
- Closing Date: 14-01-2022
Start date: April 2022
Base location: Leeds
It is now argued that DevOps is one of the most sought after skillsets in the industry, surpassing that of the range of data science disciplines. At its simplest, DevOps is a philosophy and way of working that brings together two historically disparate parts of the IT organisation, namely those who develop the software and those who are then required to support it in the live environment.
This Apprenticeship is designed to develop individuals with the required capability to become a DevOps Engineer with BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. On completion of your training you will be taking responsibility for all aspects of the development and operations process – the design, build, test, implement, release and continual iteration of products.
The programme will provide you with the technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to work with confidence in a wide variety of challenging business environments. You may have some experience within IT, or you might be a Graduate or non-Graduate who has a passion for IT. If you have a genuine passion for technology and continuous learning, this could be the programme for you.
The DevOps Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with Estio, candidates will learn and develop together and feel part of the programme from day one. On completion of the initial 16 week training phase, learners will then deploy into projects within the business.
Key Programme features
- An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building IT excellence.
- A strong foundation in practical interpersonal and business skills
- Working in teams utilising Agile methodologies
- Industry recognised qualifications including: Level 4 DevOps Engineering apprenticeship
- Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed
- Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading intensive training by Estio for 16 weeks, supporting your development to becoming a skilled, work-ready DevOps Engineer. This training will be virtual and a laptop will be provided for use during the course.
- On completion of the training you will have completed a varied course of topics, required to be a competent DevOps Engineer.
- Support and mentorship from BAE Systems subject matter experts
- A demanding and rewarding career – making the world a safer place.
Reward & Benefits
- £18,000 starting salary
- Regular salary uplifts throughout the programme
- Fully funded training
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
- Numerate – demonstrated by GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Literate – demonstrated by GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for IT
Should your initial application be successful, you will be contacted by the recruiter with further information. Likely assessment activities include:
- CV submission & review
- Aptitude testing
- Virtual interview
- Medical & Security checks