Associate Editor Apprentice – Primary
- Company: Pearson
- Location: Oxford
- Closing Date: 15-08-2022
About the Apprenticeship
As an Associate Editor Apprentice – Primary , you will be supported on the Level 3 Publishing Assistant apprenticeship standard which will help build your industry skills and knowledge.
The apprenticeship lasts for 15 months, formal training throughout the programme is supplied by our partner training provider, with a combination of on-the-job training, as well as structured training all supported in work time.
About the team
Pearson’s UK Schools division encompasses a varied portfolio of products and services aimed at school age learners, from Primary through to Secondary school. The departments that make up ‘UK Schools’ include:
- A publishing department that creates digital learning services and printed resources for use by teachers and learners
- The UK’s largest qualifications awarding organisation, offering academic qualifications (Edexcel GCSEs and A Levels) and vocational qualifications (BTECs) that are globally recognised
- World-class marketing, sales and customer support teams who ensure our portfolio of products and services are chosen, understood and used to maximum effect by our customers
About the role
The Associate Editor Apprentice role will involve:
- Development of educational content to support teaching and learning at the Primary phase
- Deployment of that content into print materials and digital services
- Creation of content workflows to ensure on time and to budget delivery of accurate content
- Use of content creation tools to make corrections, changes and manage any discrepancies as they arise
- Management of internal content creation processes
- Ensuring quality is maintained at various steps through content production
- General service management responsibilities such as making changes, answering customer queries, gathering feedback and evidence from our customers
- Building marketing knowledge and insights
- Author management, commissioning and feedback
An additional bonus to this role is the apprenticeship element, Pearson will fund the completion of a Level 3 Publishing Assistant apprenticeship which will help build your industry skills and knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll have the following skills and qualities:
- Passionate about education and helping people make progress in their lives through learning
- A keen interest in and aptitude for technology, including using digital tools, interpreting data and devising technology-led solutions
- We welcome applications from all subject backgrounds – the role requires an aptitude for logic, numeracy and problem-solving
- We are actively seeking and encouraging applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Good collaboration, team-working and relationship-building skills
- Willing to take the lead and work independently when necessary
- Full of creativity and ideas with customer empathy
- Passionate about finding ways to improve experiences for our customers
- Good organisational, problem solving and project management skills
Job Location and Hours
The role is based at our Oxford office with hybrid working.
We work a 37.5-hour week , with all our team free to flex their day around our core hours, which are Monday to Friday, 10 to 4 GMT/BST. School runs, etc can be accommodated. Other flexible working patterns can be considered, including part-time working and non-traditional hours. As we regularly work with global teams, particularly in India and the US, there may be the occasional need to accommodate meetings outside of core hours.
For this role there is a requirement to provide occasional out of hours support during business critical periods.
Your Reward & Benefits
We’ll expect a lot and we know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our workplace programmes meet the different needs of our diverse teams and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join our Pearson family you can look forward to:
- A starting annual salary of £21,000.00 , starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays and you’ll earn 1 additional day’s holiday per year you work with us.
- Generous pension scheme with contributions double-matched by Pearson
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies
- Stock purchase options
- Health plans, and an employee assistance programme for you and your family, to help balance work, family and personal life
- Great career progression opportunities both in the UK and globally