Associate Software Quality Engineer Apprentice
- Company: Pearson
- Location: Rotherham or London
- Closing Date: 14-07-2022
Role: Apprentice, full time
Location: Rotherham or London, UK. Hybrid-working
Salary: £21-24k, based on location
The position is for an Associate Quality Assurance Engineer. Alongside your training you’ll gain the following hands-on experience:
- Application of testing methodologies like TDD / BDD in Cloud / Hybrid environment
- Design and development of Automation Frameworks and integration with Automation tools (Selenium, REST assured, Postman, Swagger, TestComplete, Cucumber)
- Manual and automation testing
- Experience with API testing including RESTful Web Services
- Use of HP ALM for test case management
- Effective documentation and management of defects in JIRA or related tool
- Preparation, review and maintenance of test documentation such as Test Cases / Scenarios and Defects
In addition to your formal training, and have the option to obtain AWS Cloud Practitioner certification.
About the Apprenticeship
You will be supported on the Software Tester Level 4 Standard which will help build your skills and knowledge and will take you up to 24 months to complete.
We’re looking for someone with attention to detail, good logical skills, excellent problem solving skills, good communication skills, excellent IT and research skills and the ability to work as part of a team or individually. Crucially, we’re looking for someone with a passion for learning and high levels of determination, motivation and drive to succeed.
Candidates must have achieved a grade C / 4 or above in at least 5 GCSEs including English and Mathematics, and hold a minimum of 48 UCAS points or equivalent.