Building Services Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston, Berkshire
- Closing Date: 01-03-2023
Building Services Engineers are the people who create a safe, healthy and comfortable environment in which people can live, work and achieve. As a Building Services Engineering degree apprentice, you will work towards a BEng (Hons) in Building Services Engineering.
As a Building Services Engineer degree apprentice, first we’ll teach you the fundamental scientific principles that support mechanical and electrical building services. Following this, you’ll explore in more depth how to operate and control heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. In the final year, we’ll focus on sustainability: the dynamic thermal performance of buildings, energy resources, combined heat and power, wind power generation and lighting and electrical systems.
We set lots of design projects to simulate a working environment and you can expect to use computer modelling techniques to optimise and refine your design proposals, as well as laboratory/workshop experiments. Following completion of your placements and subject to the business need and your career aspirations, your final role placement will be selected, and you will complete your training as a professional engineer in this area.
Level 6 entry requirements:
• Age: Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements .
• Typically grade C/4 or above in at least five GCSE’s including English, Maths and a Science subject.
• Typically, candidates will hold a minimum of 102 UCAS points or existing relevant Level 3 qualifications.
What we offer:
• We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £13,500. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,500.
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.