Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 31-10-2022
5 ½ Years
As a Civil Engineering Degree Apprentice, you will learn the basics of construction practice, contract management, structural mechanics, hydraulics, geotechnics, highways, land surveying and CAD before applying that learning to assess existing structures, foundations and soils through lectures and practical projects.
Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you will have a fundamental knowledge of engineering / science principles and practices. You will be able to demonstrate discipline skills relevant to your role that typically will include design, plant performance enhancements, operational management, project management and maintenance of safety standards utilising analytical thinking to provide innovative solutions. You will also develop your communication and team skills and the ability to communicate to a wide variety of people, at all levels within the company. As a Civil Engineering Degree apprentice, you will work your way towards a BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering.
Level 6 entry requirements:
• Age: Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements
• Typically grade C/4 or above in at least five GCSE’s including English, Maths and a Science subject
• Typically, candidates will hold a minimum of 102 UCAS points or existing relevant Level 3 qualifications
What we offer:
• We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £13,500. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,500
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.