Commis Chef – The Saltaire Bar (Leeds Bradford Airport)
- Company: SSP
- Location: Leeds
- Closing Date: 30-04-2023
Job Title: Commis Chef
Location: The Saltaire Bar Leeds Bradford Airport Airport
Rate of Pay: £11.65 per hour and an extra £1.20 per hour for hours worked between midnight and 6am, bringing your rate of pay to £12.85 per hour, (from 1st April 2023)
Contract/Hours: Permanent and Fixed Term opportunities 30 hours pw
Shift pattern: 2am – midnight
You may be wondering who are SSP? Well, we’re one of the best kept secrets in Hospitality and Retail.
You may not know us by name, but you will know us from our brands. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes, food courts and retail stores in airports, train stations, motorway service areas and other leisure locations.
The heart of our The Saltaire Bar is our kitchen. As a Commis Chef you will be serving up the quintessential Fish & Chips, Burgers, even tasty meat-free dishes. All cooked and plated with skill, care and a passion for great cooking.
Tell us what’s your favourite English dish and why?
At the Saltaire Bar you will be working in a team in a medium sized kitchen, flexible with your hours. We pride ourselves on ensuring a great work/life balance, with days off together where possible and no split shifts.
Whether you’re seeking a career in hospitality or a new opportunity to expand your profession, at SSP we offer training to develop the technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to grow your career.
We’re open to people from all industry backgrounds, in fact, we pride ourselves on having a diverse and multi-talented workforce
Under the supervision of our Kitchen Manager, you will be:
- Helping With deliveries.
- Preparing meats and vegetables.
- Assisting other Chefs.
- Assisting with stock rotation.
- Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards
- Efficient time keeping and time management of both preparation and food service.
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Ensuring daily, weekly & monthly cleaning duties are carried out as organized by the Kitchen Manager.
- Confidently cooking completed dishes from the menu.
And here’s what we need from our Commis Chef:
- Kitchen / hospitality experience is essential
- Proven track record of leading teams to success
- Great communication skills so you can lead and inspire a team and delight our guests
- Successful candidates will be required to provide references for the last 5 years and undergo a Criminal Record Check in line with Airport Security Regulations.
- Due to some responsibilities within the Team Member role, applicants will need to be 18 years of age or over to perform certain tasks or work on certain shifts.
What we offer our Commis Chef:
- Free parking
- Free meal on shift
- Award winning training and development with access to apprenticeships
- Up to 75% Employee discount on a variety of SSP brands and franchises across the UK including M&S, Starbucks, Burger King, Caffe Ritazza and many more!
- Tax free shopping
- Travel support scheme
- Discounts on shopping, days out, health and wellbeing, cinemas and more!
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- UK pension plans
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support: Retail Trust
- Family friendly leave
- Free uniform
Come and join us as a Commis Chef and be part of a kitchen that delivers a variety of fabulous food offerings to all our customers – apply today!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok @sspcareers
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at SSP. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to engaging all of our people, so they feel valued and motivated; we champion diversity, promote inclusion, and ensure equality. We respect and protect human rights and prevent discrimination; and we positively impact our communities. We encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual identity and orientation or age.