(AWE) – Control and Instrumentation Apprenticeship: Maintenance
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 29-03-2023
Control and Instrumentation (C&I) is one of only two ‘critical trades’ at AWE. That’s because C&I is vital to the successful delivery of our programme of work. Put simply, C&I engineers enable a wide range of different automated processes to run.
C&I engineers create, simplify and automate processes. We deal with systems that measure and control all kinds of things – from the flow of water, to the temperature of a furnace. Our goal is to make sure complex processes can take place at the simple press of a button. In C&I, we maintain, install and develop equipment used to control a variety of processes within AWE’s production environment. That means everything from air handling units which keep clean air flowing safely through different working environments, through to programmable logic controllers which use advanced IT to control a variety of systems.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
• Preferably GCSE in Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
• Age: Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements
What we offer:
• We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £11,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,300
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.