Customer Services Specialist Apprenticeship (Virtual Remote work)
- Company: Pearson
- Location: Hybrid - Manchester / Virtual Remote
- Closing Date: 17-02-2022
You will be supported on the Customer Service Specialist Level 3 standard which will help build your skills and knowledge. At least 20% of your working hours will be spent completing off-the-job training towards your apprenticeship.
- Starting Salary of £21,000; increasing to £23,000 in increment at 12 and 18 months service.
- A permanent, full-time role for 37.5 hours per week
- 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 8 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday (on a weekly shift rotation)
Salford Quays (close to Media City), Manchester with hybrid working gives you the flexibility to work from home and the office. Due to Covid-19, our team is currently working from home full time until further notice. For this role, you will need to have a quiet place to work where you can focus on customer queries without background disruption.
Our Customer Services team in Manchester is made up of 80 friendly, hardworking, and customer-focused colleagues. We support Schools and colleagues in the UK and internationally to deliver our globally recognised qualifications.
What the successful candidate looks like:
The ideal candidate will have a background in Customer Service or the ability to display the required skills to assist in the delivery of an excellent customer service experience. You should display the skills needed to work as part of a team, work with multiple departments and show the initiative and confidence to work alone when required. You will deliver quality service and meet our customers’ needs under pressure. The education sector is changing all the time and we need our people to be adaptable and proactively learn about and look to implement these changes.
Our Customer Service Specialist Advisors are the first point of contact for our customers, answering queries by phone, email, and live chat. You’ll be the expert who’s on hand to support them with any queries relating to the administration and delivery of Pearson qualifications. This could be when registering learners, right through to certification. We’re looking for a problem solver that won’t be daunted when things go wrong and with training will be comfortable resolving complex and urgent queries.
This isn’t your average contact centre environment. We don’t have any call scripts or unrealistic targets; we just want our customer service team to offer outstanding support and be the voice of Pearson.
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience:
- A background in Customer Service or the ability to display the required skills to assist in the delivery of excellent customer service experience.
- Experience of working in a team
- Basic MS Word and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in dealing with unhappy/unsatisfied customers
- Adaptable to sudden changes within the educational system, and being flexible to meet our customer and business needs throughout the academic year
- Problem-solving skills