Cyber Security Apprenticeship (Newbury)
- Company: Vodafone
- Location: Newbury
- Closing Date: 07-02-2022
Start date: September 2022
Starting salary: £21,500; with a yearly salary increase & bonus
Location: This role will be based in our vibrant Newbury campus. You can only make one application, so please ensure this is your location of choice for the role.
Application close date: 7th February 2022, however, we may close earlier if we have enough game-changing applications, so apply early!
With advancements in the world of tech, people and businesses need to keep one step ahead of ever-growing cyber threats and our world class technology security team leads the way with just that. We have a strong, international team of security professionals, ethical hackers, cyber-defence experts and architects working hard to maintain our existing services and designing security into new products as they come off the drawing board. To keep up to date with new threats and new technologies, we also need new minds like yours to expand our expertise into the future.
You could join us and make an impact in a number of teams across Cyber;
- Become a leader in the CDIM team, driving and coordinating our response to cyber security incidents
- CDTI promotes a thoughtful mind! Identify and respond to threats as well as well as proactively hunt potential cyber risks.
- Want to test the limits of security infrastructure? Our team of Penetration Testers bring security vulnerabilities to light in virtual and physical environments.
- Does Cyber Forensics sound interesting to you? Our CERT team conducts investigations into system hardware or software and uncovers the steps leading up to a cyber incident.
With a combination of digital and classroom-based learning, you’ll take modules in Algorithm and program design, defense programming, security management systems, Quantitative & qualitative risk management and more. You’ll gain hands-on experience working alongside industry leaders who’ll share their knowledge with you. And you’ll develop into a Cyber expert who can analyse, model, assess and manage cyber security risks; design, develop, and operate secure solutions; and detect and respond to cyber threats.
At the end of the 3 years, you’ll have a BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Technical Professional degree.
What you will need
- To be 18 years old or over as of 1 September 2022
- GCSE English & Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
- 3 A-Levels including ICT or Maths, gained by September 2022 (or equivalent qualifications in a similar subjects)
- A Level 3 Apprenticeship
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3
- A BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits)
- To be eligible to work in the UK and not in full-time education
- To have lived in the UK and/or EU for three years or more
- To be willing to or be located in England for the duration of the Apprenticeship
You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree or masters in a similar subject).
We’re committed to recruiting the best people, whatever their background. If you have a disability, learning difficulty, medical condition or any other individual need, we’d be happy to talk to you about making reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process that will enable you to be your best.