Draughtsperson Advanced Apprenticeship
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 01-03-2023
A draughtsperson produces engineering designs and drawings for components, structures, piping, control & instrumentation systems, and electrical systems used in industrial and commercial construction.
The first part of your training will be spent in the award-winning Skills Academy whilst also attending a local college on day release. Once you’ve met the required learning, you will undertake focused professional placements across the business where you will gain knowledge of the challenges we face, problem solving, and safety requirements.
• Maths GCSE at Grade 5/B or above
• English & Science/Technical subject at GCSE at Grade 4/C or above
• Age: Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements.
What we offer:
• We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £11,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,300.
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.