- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 11-03-2024
What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. They have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. AWE also use their unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
A draughtsperson produces engineering designs and drawings for components, structures, piping, control & instrumentation systems, and electrical systems used in industrial and commercial construction.
The first part of your training will be spent in the award-winning Skills Academy whilst also attending a local college on day release. Once you’ve met the required learning, you will undertake focused professional placements across the business where you will gain knowledge of the challenges AWE face, problem solving, and safety requirements.
The role may appeal to you if you are interested in:
• Technical drawings
• Engineer drawings
• CAD (computer aided design)
• Design communication
• A practical aptitude for engineering & technology
• Computer literacy
• Excellent team working skills
• Good communication skills
• Awareness of health & safety
• Ability to follow instructions
• Passionate and motivated
• 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above to include Maths and English AND a 5/B in Science
• Age: Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 31th August 2024, due to security clearance requirements
What AWE offer:
• AWE offer apprentices a starting salary of £16,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £20,500
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours per year) and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
• Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
• Access to employee discounts portal – for everyday savings on retail, hospitality and leisure
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with AWE.
AWE recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as their positions have been filled, they close their applications.