Engineering Apprenticeship – Information Communications Technician
- Company: Google
- Location: London
- Closing Date: 18-03-2022
As part of this 15-month apprenticeship, you will join the Corporate Engineering team and will be assigned a manager and a mentor. You’ll start with an initial onboarding period, which is part of the 20% off-the-job experience, and then provide IT Support at Google for hands-on experience during your apprenticeship.
You will learn how to apply problem solving skills to real life challenges, pick up new technical skills such as troubleshooting multiple computing platforms, data gathering and analysis, automating repetitive tasks, remote infrastructure and fleet management, IT security and policies. You will receive specialized training in networking, infrastructure and multi-platform system administration.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Help support internal infrastructure escalating issues to appropriate teams as needed.
- Help support internal employees on all of their IT needs across a variety of platforms, including ChromeOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Attend required training and participate in mentoring sessions as specified.
- Five GCSEs at grade ‘A-C’ or ‘9-4’, (including English and Mathematics), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Mathematics/relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Experience in customer service roles.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.