- Company: Canal & River Trust
- Location: Multiple locations
- Closing Date: 01-07-2022
We are the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water. It takes an extraordinary team to bring our waterways to life and that’s where you come in.
About the Apprenticeship
As a Trust apprentice, you will complete your apprenticeship training both on and off-the-job, including regular attendance at our chosen training provider. All college related travel costs are paid for by the Trust.
About the role
You will be working in our workshop, carrying out maintenance and repair works under guidance from our expert workshop teams. You’ll learn how to work as part of a team and contribute towards the Trust’s planned annual works. You will embrace the traditional skills of fabrication and welding and manufacture new parts which in turn enhances the Trusts‘ canal and river network
What skills and abilities do I need to have?
As this is a very practical role using lots of engineering skills and knowledge, we are looking for someone who already has a solid understanding of engineering principles and has experience using a variety of hand tools or machinery to complete basic engineering tasks.
What qualifications do I need to have?
- Ideally grade A-C or grade 9-4 in Maths, English and Science GCSE (or equivalent) already achieved or on target to achieve.
- A Level 2 Engineering qualification (ideally with fabrication or welding bias) or considerable experience in an engineering environment with solid knowledge of engineering principles.
What qualifications or experience would potentially help me more?
- An interest or connection to the waterways network or heritage assets
- Any welding and fabrication experience, potentially through hobbies, work experience or volunteering.
How do I apply?
Please click to apply and complete the application form fully – there is no need to submit a CV.
It is very important that you make use of the Personal Statement section of our application form and tell us all about your motivations & interest, any transferable experience and why you want to come and work for the Canal & River Trust.
- Bradley Workshop, Bilston, WV14 8DW
- Stanley Ferry Workshop, Wakefield, Yorkshire, WF3 4LZ
Advertised Salary: £18,348