(Feltham) – Logistics Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship
- Company: Kuehne + Nagel
- Location: Feltham
- Closing Date: 31-08-2023
We are currently recruiting for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our hugely successful Air Logistics teams in Heathrow as Warehouse Operative Apprentices. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading logistics and freight forwarding companies and will help you to gain an insight into the industry and help you to forge a career in a global organisation.
As a Logistics Warehouse Operative Apprentice, you will be an integral part of our warehouse operations. Our warehouse teams ensure that products are physically processed and handled correctly throughout the warehouse using Manual Handling Equipment & processes and the warehouse management system to achieve customer requirements efficiently, accurately and safely to achieve the shared operational aim of consistently excellent service delivery. You will work alongside experienced professionals, gaining valuable knowledge in logistics operations and supply chain management. Our Apprenticeship is a 24-month programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the Warehouse Operative Level 2 apprenticeship. You will work within a successful team while learning everything you need to know whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
As part of our Warehouse Operations team you’ll be a key part of the logistics team ensuring that our customer freight is loaded, stored and unloaded in a safe, professional and time effective manner. You’ll be learning all about the warehouse operations, health & safety, picking/packing processes and stock systems as well being trained to use the Manual Handling Equipment at our site.
- To unload & load vehicles safely and accurately following the correct procedures.
- Assist in the receiving, sorting and storage of goods in the warehouse.
- To always handle the customer’s products with care when picking & receiving to ensure good customer relations
- Assist in all areas of the warehouse as and when required to meet daily operational needs.
- MHE duties (once passed in-house training).
- Complete MHE pre-shift checks as required to ensure operational compliance is maintained
- Screening (once passed in-house training)
- To take responsibility for your own accurate work, meeting and challenging the productivity targets.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve daily operational targets.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by providing feedback and suggestions.
Your Skills and Experiences:
- Five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including Maths & English)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy in performing tasks
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a fast-paced environment.
Apprenticeship Contract: 25th Sept 2023 – 19th Sept 2025
Working hours: Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.30 (flexibility is required to meet shift requirements)
Recruitment Process: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview onsite.
Good Reasons to Join:
You will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card. Your starting salary will be £15,500 in year one with an increase after 12 months and there’s also a great bonus on offer once you have fully completed your apprenticeship. You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
With over 80,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.