(Glasgow) – Road Logistics Sales Apprenticeship
- Company: Kuehne + Nagel
- Location: Glasgow
- Closing Date: 31-08-2023
This role offers an exciting opportunity to showcase your sales skills, expand your professional network, and contribute to the company’s growth strategy. You will receive comprehensive training and support to excel in a fast-paced and rewarding sales environment. You’ll be liaising with all relevant parties to ensure that our customer expectations are met/exceeded during the movement of their goods across Europe. The role will involve you in communication with a variety of people and using IT systems to process requirements from customers and overseas agents. It’s a varied role and your training will equip you to be involved in problem solving, finance tracking and supporting the account managers with their day to day duties.
Our Road Logistics Sales Apprenticeship is a 2 year programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the Business Admin SVQ (with sales modules). You will work within a successful Sales team while learning everything you need to know to be a top sales performer whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
You apprenticeship will include:
- Face to face workshops
- 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor every month
- On the job training to enable you to put into practice the skills you are learning
In the first part of your apprenticeship you will focus on getting to grips with delivering excellent customer service, and in the second part you will build on this foundation to develop specialist Sales skills – you may even be given your own Customer Service or Sales Account to manage! Beyond this, there is an opportunity for successful apprentices to secure a full time position and promotion into a Freight Account Manager role, as well as achieving bonuses and pay rises connected to the apprenticeship programme.
You’ll be learning how to:
- Efficiently process bookings from clients and overseas agents on to the system.
- Provide operational support for the Freight Account Managers when required.
- Liaise with all relevant parties throughout the shipment to organise the movement of goods by providing exceptional customer service ensuring their satisfaction and retention.
- Deal with any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or Freight Account Manager is updated
- Process sales and purchase invoices of the branch
- Collaborate with colleagues and participate in meetings and training sessions
- When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and
effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained
Your Skills and Experiences:
- Five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*- D (including Maths & English)
- Candidates must either have a full driving licence or pass their test during the apprenticeship.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
Good Reasons to Join:
We’re looking at our Road Sales apprentices to be Kuehne + Nagel’s future Sales Leaders. We will expect you to work hard and be eager to learn, but the opportunities are endless for those who do. Our programme is designed to teach you all the technical skills and techniques that you need to be successful within a Sales role, and so we are simply looking for someone who wants to grasp this opportunity. If you’re a confident, driven individual looking to train in a fast paced role in a lively environment, you’d be a great fit for this scheme! You will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card. Your starting salary will be £15,500 in year one with an increase after 12 months and there’s also a great bonus on offer once you have fully completed your apprenticeship. You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
With over 80,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.