Graduate Apprentice Contact and Learning Specialist – Maths/Science
- Company: Pearson
- Location: Oxford
- Closing Date: 16-09-2022
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalised learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
About the team
Pearson’s ‘UK Schools’ division encompasses a varied portfolio of products and services aimed at school age learners, from Primary through to Secondary school. The departments that make up ‘UK Schools’ include:
- a publishing department that creates digital learning services and printed resources for use by teachers and learners
- the UK’s largest qualifications awarding organisation, offering academic qualifications (Edexcel GCSEs and A Levels) and vocational qualifications (BTECs) that are globally recognised
- world-class marketing, sales and customer support teams who ensure our portfolio of products and services are chosen, understood and used to maximum effect by our customers
About the role
The Digital Content and Learning Specialist role will involve:
- development of educational content to support teaching and learning
- deployment of that content into digital services
- creation of content workflows to ensure on time and to budget delivery of accurate content
- use of content creation tools to make corrections, changes and manage any discrepancies as they arise
- management of internal content creation processes
- ensuring quality is maintained at various steps through content production
- general service management responsibilities such as making changes, answering customer queries, gathering feedback and evidence from our customers
- building marketing knowledge and insights
- author management, commissioning and feedback
An additional bonus to this role is the apprenticeship element, Pearson will fund the completion of a Level 3 Publishing Assistant apprenticeship which will help build your industry skills and knowledge.
Please note that due to apprenticeship funding criteria, we cannot accept applications from candidates with extensive publishing experience or a publishing degree.
More great things about working here….
We’ll expect a lot and we know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all so our workplace programs meet the different needs of our diverse teams, and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join you can expect:
- a starting holiday of 25 days increasing to 30, with options to flex up or down
- an annual incentive plan
- generous pension scheme with contributions double-matched by Pearson
- maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies
- stock purchase options
- health plans, and an employee assistance programme for you and your family, to help balance work, family and personal life
- great career progression opportunities both in the UK and globally
Successful candidates can be based either at our Oxford or Sheffield (Hellaby) offices.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll have the following skills and qualities:
- Strong academic background in Maths/Science (either Post-16 qualifications or degrees)
- Passionate about Maths/Science education and helping people make progress in their lives through learning
- A keen interest in and aptitude for technology, including using digital tools, interpreting data and devising technology-led solutions
- We welcome applications from all subject backgrounds (and are particularly keen to receive applications from those who have studied Maths and Science subjects)
- We are actively seeking and encouraging applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Good collaboration, team-working and relationship-building skills
- Willing to take the lead and work independently when necessary
- Full of creativity and ideas with customer empathy
- Passionate about finding ways to improve experiences for our customers
- Good organisational, problem solving and project management skills