ICAEW Accountancy Work Experience
- Company: ICAEW
- Location: Virtual
- Closing Date: 20-05-2022
Unlock your potential, gain new skills, and explore your future career options with virtual work experience and internship opportunities this summer. ICAEW have partnered with top employers across the UK to provide unique opportunities for 100 school and university students.
Designed for school students in the UK, our virtual work experience programme is designed to introduce you to the surprising world of chartered accountancy. It doesn’t matter whether you are interested in doing an apprenticeship, going to university, or are uncertain. We just ask you are curious about business and interested to find out more.
Dates: You have the flexibility to choose between two separate weeks,
- 25 July to 29 July 2022
- 1 August to 5 August 2022
For the best experience, you’ll need a laptop or computer with a stable internet connection to join the online sessions. If you don’t currently have a personal laptop or you’re worried about your internet connection, please do still apply to the programme. It’s very important to us that this opportunity is available to students regardless of their personal situation
What to expect
- An introduction to the accountancy profession and a chance to explore the infinite career options available.
- Identify your key strengths and learn how to showcase them in recruitment processes.
- Develop key skills through our employability sessions, including mock interview and CV workshops.
- Enjoy interactive Q&A panels with key employers and current ACA students.
- Work on a business project throughout the week with your peers, being given a new focus each day.
The first step is a situational strengths assessment to understand how you approach different situations you could face in the workplace. If successful, you will then be asked to complete a pre-recorded video interview.
This process is commonly used in recruitment so even if you aren’t successful, you will receive a feedback report and have gained valuable experience in the assessment process.
Who is eligible:
Year 12 (England and Wales), Year 13 (NI), S5 (Scotland) students, or equivalent. We particularly welcome applications from those currently underrepresented in the accountancy profession, such as women and non-binary people, students from a low socio-economic background, and students with a Black Heritage background.