ICT Consultant Apprentice
- Company: QA
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Closing Date: 30-08-2022
PLEASE NOTE: This role requires a driver with their own transport as you will be required to work at multiple local sites.
Turn IT On (TIO) provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to more than 1,000 schools, by consultants and staff who understand teaching. Over half of our consultants have worked in education, and we now employ in excess of 160 people across London and the Southeast. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
Provide general and routine ICT support to staff and pupils within the school, e.g., basic IT diagnosis and fix, undertaking routine maintenance of resources and equipment, support of common software packages used in the school and other general tasks as appropriate under the supervision/instruction of senior staff, including (but not limited to):
– Work with the Line Manager or Network manager to ensure that the schools are getting the best level of service.
– Requesting, follow up and closing quotes with adequate description and detail.
– Desktop & Applications Support / Server & Network Support / Configuration & Installation
– Learn to maintain an up-to-date and accurate database of school hardware and software.
– Learn and demonstrates the necessary skills and behaviours to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities in line with organisational guidance, legislation
– Learn to effectively operate a range of mobile devices including phones, laptops, and Chromebooks and i-Pad’s.
– Learn to apply structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies and troubleshooting and analyses problems by selecting the digital appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance and to obtain the relevant logistical support as required.
– Learn the working knowledge of a range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment.
– Learn the importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and support manager to maintain this.
– Assist in the deployment of computer hardware and software around the school.
– Learn to repair and maintain equipment and prepare routine equipment for use, under the direction / instruction of others within strict time scales.
– Assist teaching staff with learning activities, ensuring pupils adhere to H&S regulations and instructions.
– Attend apprentices training workshops and complete coursework in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant apprenticeship guidelines.
3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject