IT 1st Line Service Desk Apprentice
- Company: QA
- Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
- Closing Date: 02-08-2022
HCRG Care Group specialises in providing service desk support nationally.
Our values are our moral compass and core to our DNA. We underpin the way we deliver our services and treat those who use our services.
We have three values which help us stand out from the crowd, not just because there’s only three, but because they are unique to who we are.
We care, we think, and we do.
QA are working exclusively with HCRG Care Group on an IT Helpdesk Apprenticeship at their Runcorn Head Office.
You will be working closely with the IMT teams and regional support teams nationwide, as well as specialist resolver teams for reporting, clinical and back-office systems.
As a first line engineer you will be representing the whole IM&T department as the face of IT; so having excellent customer service experience is a must.
This service desk engineer role will manage IT requests received via our voice platform and through the IT Service Management System (ITSM) to deliver telephone and remote support and advice to staff nationwide.
You will also provide support for mobilisations, transformation and exit projects nationally.
Responsibilities can include:
- Providing IMT technical and customer support and advice nationally
- Owning issues to resolution
- Working with IMT teams to support VCL IT products to our colleagues
- Refer to the IT Operations (Service Desk) Development framework for specific competencies to enable further progression, training and development within the team
- Any other IMT support work as directed by their line manager
- Provide direct, dedicated and visible IT support to colleagues nationwide by phone and remotely, enabling clinical and care services to work effectively
- Able to work independently and with initiative as well as the ability to manage own workload effectively and also work effectively within a team, to collaborate on issues, raise incidents, troubleshoot and cross train.
Further job responsibilities:
- Providing telephone and remote support for desktop, laptop, printers, mobile phones/devices and any other emerging technology and related system issues.
- To provide 1st line support for a range of software centred around but not limited to the Microsoft platform.
- Promote good IT security practice
- Contribute to encouraging staff to make the most of IT eg. promoting training courses and showing best ways to make use of equipment.
- Self-motivated and directed, with ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressured dynamic environment.
- You are the ‘Face of IT’ presented to users; give them the best quality service you can
- Escalation point locally for IM&T issues
- Ensuring the IT Service Management system is updated appropriately
- Communicate, escalate or transfer issues to other teams as appropriate, to facilitate
What we are looking for:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Computer literate e.g. proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications etc. with the ability to master new software applications
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Candidate must have excellent team working skills
- Must be able to work on your own initiative
- Clear and concise communication over the phone
- Remote support experience
- IT knowledge (break fix/troubleshooting)
- Basic knowledge of end point support
- Any IT support experience of Windows, AD, VDI and associated infrastructure
- Windows 10 and 11 support and configuration
- Experience of technology transformation projects
- Able to communicate at both technical detail level and at high (conceptual) level
- Application support experience
- Microsoft Office (2010 – 365) experience of support and configuration
- VPN software and use
- Supporting Managed printing solutions
- Understanding of threat management and anti-virus methodologies
- Understanding of Information Governance and our responsibilities for data security
- Network knowledge LAN, WAN, Wifi
- Project management experience
- Specialised knowledge of the local infrastructure and surrounding area partners
- Risk and issue management
- NHS IT experience
- Clinical system support (EMIS Community)
- Disk encryption technologies i.e. Bit locker, Sophos
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject