IT Support Ambassador Apprentice
- Company: QA
- Location: North Leeds, Wetherby
- Closing Date: 09-08-2022
Our client deliver industry-leading Microsoft Cloud solutions, Managed IT Support and a customer-first approach to the modern workplace in Leeds, York, Wetherby and London.
Utilising technologies such as Azure, Microsoft 365, Duo, Veeam®, VMware and Microsoft their they provide transformative new possibilities that take businesses IT Systems Further.
Their passion for Cloud services, expertise in Microsoft solutions and dedication to ongoing Managed IT support, they provide the best possible solutions that build the best possible businesses.
Our client are now looking for an eager candidate to join them as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking – Cloud Network Specialist – Level 3 Apprenticeship.
As an IT Support Ambassador, you provide crucial assistance to the Support Heroes, managing routine support and change requests, you will also liaise with the Technical Specialists to help resolve and document resolution of more complex technical issues which cannot immediately be fixed by the Support Heroes.
The role will also be “Hybrid“.
Work location – Permanent office location is in North Leeds, but the role be mainly home based.
On Rota – Hybrid 3 days in the office, with 2 days out / at home.
- Responding to and managing tickets in the helpdesk — Technologies used: Azure, Microsoft 365, Duo, Veeam®, VMware, 365
- Manage your individual ticket queue and apply ticket management best practice working from highest to lowest priority, oldest to newest ticket
- Taking ownership of tasks to ensure monitoring is working effectively
- Ensuring that key services are available for clients
- Responsible for ensuring that customers backup’s are running as scheduled and hitting expected SLA’s
- Actively manage time spent resolving tickets and when an hour of time has been spent, escalate the issue to the Technical Specialist team for their input and assistance
- Role is Hybrid based on 3 days in the office a week and 2 at home
- Opportunity to work on call and earn extra money at an hourly rate
What our client is looking for:
- The successful candidate will be working in the technical team, so having collaborative working skills are desirable
- Technical & communication skills
- Confident speaker who’s able to express ideas and venture an opinion in a highly supportive setting
- An active interest in IT beyond the scope of gaming & basic use
- Diligent attention to detail
- Friendly & supportive team member
- Passionate about IT
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject