IT Support Apprentice
- Company: QA
- Location: Solihull
- Closing Date: 15-08-2022
Who you’ll be working for:
Acora are a UK based, award winning, IT services and technology company with over 25 years’ experience. We provide a range of IT support and Microsoft-centric, business software and cloud solutions to help mid-market organisations modernise their IT so they can compete and win in the digital economy. More than 300 clients trust us to take responsibility for part, or all, of their IT from solution design to support. We are proud to be named as a ‘One to Watch’ and place in the top 100 companies for the Midlands and South East by Best Companies 2021.This means that our workplace engagement shows promising signs for the future.
What’s in it for you:
As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you. With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
You will be responsible for:
- As a member of Service Operations, you will learn to play a key role in the delivery of high-quality technical support for the business and the customer, whilst delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and a personalised service.
- This position will teach you troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills using various diagnostic tools. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a fast-paced and well-structured Managed Services environment.
- You will use the skills learned during your apprenticeship to improve your all-round technical and support knowledge as part of your day-to-day role.
You will need the following skills:
- A natural passion for IT and STEM subjects
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Work experience in a customer-facing role
- Keenness to learn as part of the job
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outlook, Word, and Excel
- You’ve experienced working with Windows 10
- You like to work with technology in your spare time
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.