IT Technical Support Apprentice
- Company: QA
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Closing Date: 05-09-2022
Johnson Matthey are a global leader in sustainable technologies, they apply their cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. You will be working across multiple sites to ensure infrastructure is performing to standard. As well as providing local on-site support for availability management and global/regional project implementation activity, ensuring local infrastructure delivers to business expectations (SLA) whilst remaining fully aligned to global JMIT Policies.
– Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support local infrastructure, including computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones, meeting room equipment, local area networking (inc. wi-fi) and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
– Diagnose and resolve issues associated with end user-based application software, multi-user applications (where unique to site) and operating systems.
– Install and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and applications software including supporting desk moves/new workplace setups.
– Carry out basic systems operations’ duties requiring local hands and eyes support, including back-up tape management, supervised server restarts, LAN patching, and cabinet management.
– Contribute to project teams in the improvement of current BIS services and development and delivery of new BIS services.
– Maintain the IT infrastructure to a high professional standard thereby maximizing the productivity of employees whilst supporting the business plans.
– Share acquired knowledge with colleagues through formal documentation and communications sessions.
– To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
– Ensure that at all times company Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to.
– As a member of the global I&E (Infrastructure & Engineering) community you will be a champion of the function’s values and culture, while demonstrating and openly encouraging the behaviours expected from a professional, best in-class IT team.
3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject