IT Technician Apprentice
- Company: QA
- Location: Coalville, Leicestershire
- Closing Date: 10-08-2022
Who you’ll be working for:
Lionheart Education Trust is currently made up of a family of fourteen schools based in and around Leicestershire. Each one of our schools is unique in that it reflects the students and local community in which they are a part. This is something we are very proud of within the Trust. The schools share best practice and ensure our students have an exceptional educational journey whilst at the same time having their own character.
What’s in it for you:
As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you. With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
92% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
The employer offers excellent benefits including:
- Free parking available on site
- Inclusion in Benenden Healthcare Scheme
- Apprentices are eligible to join the pension scheme after one year of employment
You will be responsible for:
- Installing and maintaining the school’s IT estate covering both hardware and software
- Providing first line support to staff, students and parents via face-to-face, telephone and email communication
- Investigating, analysing, evaluating and resolving problems with ICT equipment and systems; implementing repairs if necessary and updating relevant ticketing systems
- Ensuring that all documentation is updated in line with department processes
- Ensuring that the Trusts IT hardware and software inventory is accurately maintained
- Using industry standard imaging/deployment tools
- Supporting out of hours events on a rota basis
- Visiting other schools in the Trust to provide support as required
- Performing any other duties and tasks which may be assigned by the Senior Technician
You will need the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products especially the latest version of Office
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware including PC’s, Laptops, projectors, printers, interactive devices and mobile devices
- Willingness to learn new skills and understand new technologies
- Good written, verbal, communication and numeracy skills
- Ability to relate positively to young people.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach
Additionally, the following skills would be beneficial:
- An interest in computer hardware especially PC and Apple
- An interest in mobile device software and how they can be used in an educational environment.
- An interest in networking technologies/protocols
- Good organisational and time management skills
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject