(Kegworth) – Road Logistics Specialist Apprenticeship
- Company: Kuehne + Nagel
- Location: Kegworth
- Closing Date: 26-09-2023
Have you ever wondered how the latest gadget you ordered arrived at your door or how the supermarket shelves are always full? The answer is through the work of an International Freight Forwarder. As part of our Road Logistics team you’ll be building relationships with our customers, other Kuehne and Nagel offices, overseas agents and service providers to ensure the successful transportation of goods across Europe. Our Apprenticeship is a 24 month programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the International Freight Forwarding Level 3 apprenticeship. You will work within a successful team while learning everything you need to know whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in each of our road logistics teams to develop a full understanding of the operation and prepare you for the next step in your career at Kuehne + Nagel.
You’ll be learning…
- UK domestic operations and how our warehouse and transport teams manage the delivery, storage and transport of goods from our UK based warehouses
- International Haulage via supplier partnerships. Considering import/export balances, haulage costing, fleet management and problem solving issues
- Network management and key accounts including specialist services offered by Kuehne+Nagel to our customers
- Failure management and standard operating procedures to ensure the best level of service to our customers
- Planning of our international line hauls, overseas commercial relationships, invoicing and technical processes for managing shipments
- Customs requirements and procedures for transporting goods
Your Skills and Experiences:
- Five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including Maths & English)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Apprenticeship Contract: 25th Sept 2023 – 19th Sept 2025
Working hours: Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.15pm
Recruitment Process: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview onsite.
Good Reasons to Join:
You will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card. Your starting salary will be £15,500 in year one with an increase after 12 months and there’s also a great bonus on offer once you have fully completed your apprenticeship. You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
With over 80,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.