(Manchester) – Air Logistics Freight Forwarding Apprenticeship
- Company: Kuehne + Nagel
- Location: Manchester
- Closing Date: 26-09-2023
Our teams work on behalf of our customers to manage the import + export of their goods across the world. We interact with global Kuehne + Nagel offices, overseas agents and service providers to book & process shipments. This involves communicating with airlines making bookings and negotiating rates, producing transit documentation & ensuring cargo is delivered into the airline by the close off time. Our Apprenticeship is a 24 month programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the International Freight Forwarding Level 3 apprenticeship. You will work within a successful team while learning everything you need to know whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders and UK Branch colleagues
- Work with airlines, hauliers and suppliers to negotiate rates and capacity
- Produce and prepare documents for the transit and clearance of cargo
- Security check and issue security certificates for cargo
- Work closely with warehouse & transport colleagues
- Work with international branches and also local government authorities i.e HMRC
Your Skills and Experiences:
- Five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including Maths & English)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
Apprenticeship Contract: 25th Sept 2023 – 19th Sept 2025
Working hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17.30
Recruitment Process: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview onsite.
Good Reasons to Join:
You will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card. Your starting salary will be £15,500 in year one with an increase after 12 months and there’s also a great bonus on offer once you have fully completed your apprenticeship. You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
With over 80,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.