(Manchester) – Air Logistics Operational Care Specialist Apprenticeship
- Company: Kuehne + Nagel
- Location: Manchester
- Closing Date: 26-09-2023
The Operational Care Specialist Apprentice will be part of a team within the Operational Care Centre (OCC) responsible for coordinating transport activities by: executing the necessary bookings with our partners and gateways, executing the requisite data entry associated with transport document generation, generating the required documentation, and liaising with our customer care specialists to ensure specific requirements are met (Transit Times, Carrier selection, Routings etc.). The role will involve dealing with a wide variety of cargo to and from all reaches of the Globe! The Operational Care Specialist is responsible for managing the coordination of customer shipments by securing buy rates (when required) as well as capacity with qualified carriers/partners and or via the Kuehne+Nagel gateways. All of these activities are to performed in compliance with rules and regulations governing air transport. Our Apprenticeship is a 24 month programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the International Freight Forwarding Level 3 apprenticeship. You will work within a successful team while learning everything you need to know whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
- Aligning with our Customer Care Teams to meet and exceed our Customer’s requirements
- Manage and complete operational tasks, including issuing International Transport Documentation and arranging domestic collections and deliveries
- Monitor operational performance
- Service Exception Recovery
- Document management
- Communicating with our internal Team, overseas offices and suppliers
Your Skills and Experiences:
- Five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including Maths & English)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Cope with Change and embrace new technologies
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
Good Reasons to Join:
You will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card. Your starting salary will be £15,500 in year one with an increase after 12 months and there’s also a great bonus on offer once you have fully completed your apprenticeship. You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
With over 80,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.