Manufacturing Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 31-12-2022
As a Manufacturing Engineering Apprentice, you will develop the knowledge and people skills to enable the design and manufacture of a wide range of products, materials and tools to support the successful delivery of our programme of work. Our operations include precision component manufacture, fabrication, explosive formulation, fissile material production, rubbers and plastics, and warhead assembly and disassembly.
The role of a Manufacturing Engineer within this area of our business is to realise product design, delivering and managing process and tooling designs / improvements. We work in a highly regulated environment so this will include the creation and configuration of manufacturing process documentation in accordance with appropriate procedures and legislation. This is to make sure that everyone operates safely, efficiently and in an environmentally sustainable way, meeting the requirements set out by AWE and those of the Professional Body Institutions.
Level 6 entry requirements:
• Age: Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements
• Typically grade C/4 or above in at least five GCSE’s including English, Math’s and a Science subject
• Typically, candidates will hold a minimum of 102 UCAS points or existing relevant Level 3 qualifications
What we offer:
• We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £13,500. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,500
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.