Mechatronic Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 31-03-2023
As a Mechatronic Maintenance Technician at AWE, your role will include servicing, repairing and installing various Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Hydraulic and Programmable logic control (PLC) systems, all of which are commonly used onsite to support the Machine Tools department and Trials & Test Technology Centre. As a Mechatronic Maintenance Technician within either of these groups, you will be responsible for maintaining equipment within all of our production-related facilities, with the goal of maintaining production and ensuring minimal downtime. These activities may include scheduled and breakdown maintenance on all aspects of engineering within your chosen team, including condition-based monitoring and calibration of the equipment.
As an apprentice you will initially be based within the Skills Academy, where you will develop your basic knowledge and core skills, before progressing on to the onsite aspect of your training. At this point you will start to apply and further develop these core skills in a live working environment. In addition to the practical aspects of your training, you will further your knowledge of mechatronics engineering through academic studies as your work towards the completion of your level 3 technical certificate.
• Preferable GCSE in Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
• Age: Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements
What we offer:
• We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £11,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,300.
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work !
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.