Network Engineer and Analyst Apprentice
- Company: QA
- Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Closing Date: 05-08-2022
The Company is recognized as having one of the best pro-active service desks in the UK.
They provide a range of telecommunications technology including solutions such as Wide Area Data Networks, IP Telephony, Calls & Lines, Wi-Fi Networks, PCI Security Solutions, EFT Payment Services, Mobile Marketing and Audio & Visual Media.
They are looking for a dedicated IT Service Desk Network Engineer & Analyst Apprentice to work in the expanding IT team where you will be supported in every step of your apprenticeship.
The Company have mentored a number of IT apprentices many of which are still working in the company in a full-time role and been promoted to 3rd line support and Professional Service roles.
The Service Desk is open 7 days a week between 7:00am and 8:00pm, so you must be willing to work between these hours on a rota.
37.5hrs a week.
£18,500 per annum.
The role offers an attractive salary and benefits package, backed up by a hybrid working model.
The role is a perfect gateway for a career in Networking. You will gain valuable experience to help you support a range of customers with networking solutions.
As an IT Service Desk Networking Engineer & Analyst Apprentice you will be responsible for triage and investigations into Networking and Connectivity incidents to the companies customer base, with hands on support administering routers, WI-FI Access Points, Switches and Firewalls, alongside other products.
- Initial response and triage of tickets raised to the Service desk, triggered via the companies monitoring systems.
- Providing a helpful and polite response to initial contacts into the Service Desk through taking calls, replying to emails, and responding to self-service ticket.
- Effective logging and fault analysis of new Networking incidents and service requests, including prioritisation and coding of the ticket.
- Ownership and resolution of Networking incidents and requests within the scope of a Service Desk fix.
- Escalation and coordination of incidents and requests to internal and external support teams
- Scheduling and supporting engineers during installations, fault resolution and 3rd party issues.
- Providing regular ticket status updates to the end customer
- Maintaining a technical knowledge of all supported products and undertaking training when necessary to update any required skills set
- Following the incident management and request fulfilment processes detailed in the call handling manual
- Supporting Problem and Change Management activity
What we are looking for:
- Customer Services training and experience
- Experience of working effectively within a team and collaborating with others to achieve a goal
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice framework (such as ITIL & ISO) for the delivery of IT services
- Experience Documenting training, procedures, and processes
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Strong communication skills
- Can work well as part of a team
- Can manage conflict in a professional manner
- Flexible & adaptable
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)