PR & Communications Apprentice – Tilton Consultancy
- Company: PRCA
- Location: London
- Closing Date: 10-05-2023
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for global clients in sectors including FMCG, technology, health and industrial. The role will include desk research, content development for social media and other channels, and contributing to communications strategies. It would suit a self-starter with strong comms skills who enjoys diverse challenges.
What will the apprentice be doing?
This apprentice role at The Tilton Consultancy will best suit somebody who wants to be challenged and learn from a small, senior and specialist team.
We’re looking for an apprentice who want to get stuck in from day one and really make a difference to their teams.
The role will best suit someone who wants to fast-track their career in communications and hit the ground running. It’s a fast-paced environment where you’ll learn quickly and be supported every step of the way.
- The PR Apprentice will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role
- Writing for business communications, communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (including articles, news releases, blogs, and case studies)
- Understanding when and which social media channel is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic and effective way for companies and brands
- Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day-to-day inquiries from the media, pitching stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (i.e. journalists), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, and sending/receiving press selection products
Deliver PR campaigns:
- Supporting the team in creating new campaigns.
- Evaluate PR campaigns: Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of PR campaigns
Research & data analysis:
- Conducting and reporting research for the team and/or clients
- Planning and delivering presentations internally & externally
- Supporting with planning, organising and co-coordinating events
- Planning, organising and prioritising your workload to ensure deadlines and objectives for both work activities and apprenticeship training are met
- Ensuring email/online diaries are kept up to date
- Meetings: Arranging internal and external meetings
- Taking responsibility for personal learning and professional development
Working with people:
- Developing professional relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and teams. Ensuring supervisors and coaches are aware of work-in-progress and any issues
- Building a professional network of other PR professionals
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprenticeship training overview
- You will develop a wide understanding of Public Relations and the impact it has on businesses
- As a Public Relations and Communications Apprentice, you will follow a Level 4 Public Relations Assistant apprenticeship standard, which is a nationally recognised qualification route with a Diploma.
- This will involve “on the job” training, virtual visits from an Apprenticeship Coach, an internal line manager to provide ongoing guidance, online learning and creating a portfolio of evidence
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- The apprentice will be working towards an End-Point Assessment (EPA) which will determine if he/she has the knowledge, skills, and behaviours listed in the PR & Communications Assistant Standard
- The apprentice must follow company and training provider procedures at all times
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The potential career path of a successful applicant will form part of discussions during the apprenticeship – future employment opportunities within The Tilton Consultancy may be available on completion