Project Management Apprentice
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 19-12-2023
What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. They have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. AWE also use their unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
As a Project Management Apprentice at AWE, you will be given the opportunity to support an array of mission critical projects, exploring your own set of skills, developing yourself where you probably haven’t imagined possible so that you may discover where your passion lies, and where your individual skillset is best suited. Throughout your career at AWE, you will have the chance to work in support of our core programme, on large infrastructure projects, and on a wide range of supporting programmes which enable AWE to operate and grow. You will work with a wide variety of passionate and industry leading subject matter experts, building strong relationships with teams and stakeholders. You will be enabled to exhibit your own drive, personality and determination to deliver excellence.
Project Management may appeal to you if you enjoy, or have a passion for:
• Exciting, varied and fulfilling work
• Working collaboratively as part of a team
• Overcoming challenges and identifying solutions to challenge the status quo
• Organising, communicating and being a leader
• GCSE English and Maths at 4/C, or above, 3 A Levels at CCC or above; or T Level Pass (C or above on the core); or BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM
• IT proficiency
• Good communication skills
• Excellent team working and collaboration skills
• Health and safety awareness
• Effective at following instructions, as well as evidencing leadership qualities
• Passion for your chosen profession (see comparable skills/interests)
• Age: Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 31th August 2024, due to security clearance requirements
What AWE offer:
• AWE offer apprentices a starting salary of £20,000 per annum. This increases annually with second year salary being £22,500 per annum.
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with AWE.
AWE recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as their positions have been filled, they close their applications.