Quality Practitioner Apprentice
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 24-01-2024
What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. They have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. AWE also use their unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Through a series of placements within the Quality function, you will gain experience of the management and review of the companies process and procedures and their use. You will help to improve the level of product and service by gaining an understanding of key metrics and investigating issues or problems to establish root cause and prevent recurrence. These tasks may include measurements of weight or dimensions to make sure the requirements are met.
In addition to the vocational aspects of your training, we will further your knowledge of quality through academic studies as you work towards the completion of your professional qualifications. On successful completion of this apprenticeship you will be eligible for professional registration to the Chartered Quality Institute Practitioner grade
Becoming a Quality Practitioner may appeal to you if you:
• Have eye for detail and interest in improving things
• Can review documents and understand their application in the real world
• Have a logical approach to understanding processes
• Have a hands-on approach to problem solving
• GCSE in Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
• PC literate
• Good communication skills
• Excellent team working skills
• Health and safety aware
• Effective at following instructions
• Ability to concentrate for long periods
• A logical structured way of thinking
• Passion and motivation for your chosen profession
• Age: Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 31th August 2024, due to security clearance requirements
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with AWE.
AWE recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as their positions have been filled, they close their applications.