Team Leader – M&S Simply Food (Gatwick South Airport)
- Company: SSP
- Location: Gatwick
- Closing Date: 30-04-2023
Team Leader – Marks & Spencer – Gatwick South Airport
Everyone regardless of age starts on £12.20 per hour.
You may be wondering who are SSP? Well, we’re one of the best kept secrets in Hospitality and Retail.
You may not know us by name, but you will know us from our brands. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes, food courts and retail stores in airports, train stations, motorway service areas and other leisure locations. We cater for everyone too, from part time people to those looking for a career. Come and speak to us.
We have some exciting and ambitious plans here at Gatwick South Airport and are looking for Full Time Team Leaders to come and join our team at M&S Simply Food!
We’re looking for a variety of shifts – Any hours between 5:00 am and 23:00 pm including weekends. We are sure you can find something matching your flexibility.
Due to some responsibilities within the Team Leader role, applicants will need to be 18 years of age or over to perform certain tasks or work on certain shifts.
To be successful in this role you will need previous experience of being a Team Leader or Supervisor within a similar environment. If you have a strong retail or hospitality background and you looking to reach the next step in your career we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities for Team Leader:
- Leads the shift and motivates the team to drive sales
- Follows opening, closing & shift changeover procedures ensuring effective handover
- Ensures the cleaning schedules are followed with all cleaning monitored & allocated fairly
- Following Health & Safety/Food Safety/Statutory requirements and report to Line Manager if required
- Trains the team on brand standards
- Ensures cash procedures followed by all staff
We also offer some amazing benefits:
- Award winning training and development with access to apprenticeships
- Staff Car Parking
- Free Meal on Shift
- Build a career with us (did you know! 70% of our General Managers are internal promotions)
- Up to 75% employee discount on a variety of SSP brands and franchises across the UK including M&S, Starbucks, Burger King, Caffe Ritazza, Uppercrust, Millie’s Cookies and many more!
- A host of benefits such as discounts from numerous high street and online retailers and service providers; e.g. cinema tickets, travel, healthcare, leisure, shopping vouchers,
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holiday pro rata (including Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension Schemes
- Join our share scheme and own a piece of the company
- We are a global company; the opportunities are never ending!
Just in case you’re wondering who are SSP? Well, we’re one of the best kept secrets in Hospitality and Retail.
You may not know us by name, but you will know us from our brands. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes, food courts and retail stores in airports, train stations, motorway service areas and other leisure locations.
Fancy finding out more? Apply Now to join our “Royale” family!
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at SSP. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to engaging all of our people, so they feel valued and motivated; we champion diversity, promote inclusion, and ensure equality. We respect and protect human rights and prevent discrimination; and we positively impact our communities. We encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual identity and orientation or age.