Taster Day – Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Company: University of Surrey
- Location: Surrey
- Closing Date: 10-05-2022
Our free taster day allows sixth form and college students to experience Psychology at an undergraduate level. Taster days are free and fully funded. You will be provided with everything that you need for the day. The University of Surrey is also able to cover transport costs to ensure you are able to visit our campus in Guildford.
About the taster day
Psychology is the scientific study of behaviour, mental health and neuropsychological functioning. It seeks to understand what makes us who we are, how our minds work, and what influences our behaviour and social relationships.
You will have the opportunity to hear from some of our prominent University of Surrey academics who will introduce their subject and research through an interactive timetable. Our inspirational student ambassadors will also be available to talk about their experience and what it’s like to study at university.
Attend this free taster event to learn more about your study options along with careers and pathways.
To be accepted onto the subject-specific taster days, you must meet ONE of the following eligibility criteria:
- You live in an IMD decile 1 or 2 postcode*
- You live in a POLAR4 quintile 1 postcode*
- You have received free school meals within the last six years
- You receive a 16-19 bursary
- You are a young carer – you care for a friend or family member who, due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction, cannot cope without your support
- You are care experienced – you have spent time in local authority care, in a residential children’s home, have been looked after at home by a supervision order or have lived with relatives under kinship care.
- You are a forced migrant – you are a refugee or an asylum seeking young person
- You are from a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showpeople or Boater community.