Discovering your Strengths with The Dyson Institute
Friday 4th June 2021
This skills session will help you identify what your strengths are, how you display them on your CV and how to demonstrate them in an interview! In almost every interview you may be asked a strength-based question, so this session will equip you with the skills to ace this commonly asked interview question.
In addition, we explore how to put across motivations that might match the brand and discuss why it is important to highlight your interests and motivations when applying.
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:09 Let’s meet our employers
- 09:57 Stages of an application
- 26:28 What strengths do employers looks for?
- 33:32 CV Writing Tips
- 43:39 Competency-based questions
- 45:37 Group Activity
- 55:19 Inventions – Discussion Group Exercise
- 1:02:23 Best Practice!
- 1:04:20 Outro and Q&A