Meet Sharon Allen, the CEO of Arthur Rank Hospice Charity!
Monday 27th September 2021
Hear from the CEO of Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, Sharon Allen, as shares her experiences on starting her career in health care. Learn what it takes to be successful in the sector and how she manages her time running a successful charity.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:57 Early days in Sharon’s career
- 02:59 How has the social care sector changed?
- 06:10 How do you define social care?
- 09:53 What are the different types of care services?
- 12:41 What is person-centred care?
- 14:28 How have has person-centred care been impactful?
- 19:18 What type of people work in care?
- 23:10 How has working in health care enhanced your life?
- 25:30 How did you become CEO?
- 29:14 What are your daily responsibilities?
- 31:00 What is your favourite part of your role?
- 31:49 What skills do you need to work in social care?
- 35:42 How has COVID-19 impacted your industry and changed your role?
- 38:57 What excites you most about your company’s future?
- 41:40 One thing you should know if wanting to start a career in social care.
- 43:42 Outro