Kickstart Your Career in Social Care with Skills for Care
Tuesday 27th July 2021
Hear from Jim Thomas from Skills for Care about building a career in Social Care!
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:45 Jim Thomas intro
- 02:15 What is social care?
- 04:01 What skills do you need to work in social care?
- 07:26 What type of care services are available in this sector?
- 09:14 What are your daily responsibilities?
- 10:42 How have you seen your sector change since starting your career?
- 12:51 What route did you take to get to where you are now?
- 14:42 How has working in social care enhanced your life?
- 15:58 How has Covid-19 Impacted your industry, and how has it changed your role?
- 20:31 Why is the kickstart scheme important in the health and social care sector?
- 22:26 What transferable skills can you take from social care?
- 24:05 What are the opportunities available for progression and development within this sector?
- 30:01 Do you need a degree to work in social care?
- 33:03 What tip would you give to someone who is wanting to start a career in social care?
- 34:24 Outro