Apprenticeship – School & Tutor Experience Coordinator
- Company: Pearson
- Location: London
- Closing Date: 24-09-2022
*About Pearson Tutoring *
As an Approved Partner of the government’s National Tutoring Programme. The service commenced in 2020-21 to make high-quality online tuition available to state-maintained primary and secondary schools to provide additional support to help pupils who have missed out the most because of the impact of the Covid Pandemic
In response to the success of the service and a changing funding landscape, Pearson launched its own Direct to Schools Online Tutoring service in 2021-22.
The School & Tutor Experience Coordinator will be accountable for supporting and engaging with internal colleagues, our school customers, and tutors to provide a high-quality business administration service.
This person will develop a thorough understanding of the Programme key success criteria and the operational factors and systems that could impact delivery.
Supporting the Schools & Tutor Experience Team with administration activities relating to:
Order Onboarding Activities:
- Conversion of assigned orders to confirmed blocks in line with published processes
- Assisting schools with ensuring they post their blocks in a timely manner, in line with tutor availability via emails, Team meets and phone
- Monitoring and updating information relating to your assigned orders
- Working with School sales colleagues to overcome any barriers to conversion
Post order Customer Service Activities:
- Investigating and responding to queries from schools via phone calls, CRMs, emails, team meets
- Working directly with individual schools, senior leaders, teachers, Lead Tutors, and Tutors to resolve escalated problems.
Tutor Management Activities:
- Tutor Recruitment
- Onboarding New tutors
- Live and Dormant Tutor administration management
- Tutor Training
- Offboarding Tutors
Alongside generic activities of the role, this role will lead and/or contribute to specific operational projects focused on reviewing processes, identify improvements that bring about enhanced customer experience and cost efficiencies and once any recommended changes are approved, plan for implementation. Areas can include, but are not limited to:
- Cross Team document management
- Cross Team meeting management
- Curriculum Development activities
- Assist colleagues within the wider team by providing administration support
- Carry out other reasonable activities as requested by the Schools & Tutor Relationship Manager
*Key Skills, Behaviours and Experience *
The post holder will:
- Be able to learn quickly, be curious and imaginative
- Have a customer first mindset and experience
- Be an excellent team player
- Be able to communicate accurately and effectively
- Be skilled in the use of MS Office and an aptitude to learn new IT packages and systems
- Be able to produce accurate records and documents
- Be able to influence others, including those not in their team/reporting line
- Be able to thrive in a high-pressured environment
- Be resilient and not afraid to make decisions based on key pieces of information
- Be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the programme
- Have project management capabilities
- Hold or be willing to work towards Level 2 in English & Maths (Grade C or equivalent)
- Be willing to work towards successful completion of Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
This is a remote working position. Travel will be required to Pearson offices London or Oxford offices on occasion and travel costs will be covered.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Your Benefits & Reward
We’ll expect a lot and we know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business! Along with learning, development and mentoring opportunities, our range of benefits can support the different needs of our diverse colleagues, and their families too. Joining our Pearson family can provide you with unlimited and truly global career progression options, and you can also look forward to exploring our impressive benefits, such as:
- Salary is from £20,000 – £22,000
- Flexible options for work from home days.
- A starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays, and you’ll earn 1 additional day’s holiday per year you work with us.
- Generous pension scheme where we match and double what you contribute.
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies.
- Shares and stock purchase options.
- Healthcare and dental plans, and an employee wellbeing assistance programme for you and your family to help balance work, family and personal life.
- Cycle to work program, gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts.
Our Recruitment Process
Please complete and submit your application as soon as possible and ensure that you apply directly on our Pearson Careers website only.
We are reviewing applications as they come in, therefore we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Wishing you success with your application!