Electrical Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 31-12-2022
There are numerous electrical maintenance roles at AWE such as power distribution systems installation, electrical testing and inspection, maintenance on both high and low voltage systems and work on lightning protection systems.
During your first two years, you will train in our Skills Academy, as well as attend day release at college. This is where you learn all about electrical theory, cabling and wiring infrastructure. You will then go on to individually produce around 40 small projects, where you will be involved in designing, installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems. Electrical apprentices are typically trained to an advanced level, and this is a three-year scheme. After 18 months you’ll leave the Academy to join the qualified trades people on site where you will receive on the job training. Typically, this will involve six separate three-month placements, which will broaden your electrical knowledge and expose you to the full spectrum of our plant and facilities. These placements can include facility engineering, electrical utilities, and design compliance, & lightning protection systems.
• Preferably GCSE in Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
• Age: Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements
What we offer:
• We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £11,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,300
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.