Electronic Design Degree Apprenticeship
- Company: AWE
- Location: Aldermaston
- Closing Date: 31-10-2022
4 ½ Years
This apprenticeship follows the Embedded electronic systems design and development engineer (degree) standard and leads to roles designing and developing electronic circuits, devices, and systems.
As an electronic apprentice you will spend your first two years of training in the skills academy producing several electronic projects whilst also attending college part time. These projects will help you to develop your skills and knowledge in basic electronic theory, components, basic circuit design, circuit construction and reporting.
In your final 18 – 24 months you will spend your time on several 6-month placements around the business where you will also work towards your final project.
• Typically grade C/4 or above in at least five GCSE’s including English, Maths and a Science subject
• Typically, candidates will hold a minimum of 102 UCAS points or existing relevant Level 3 qualifications
• Age: Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements
What we offer:
• We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £13,500. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,500
• A market leading contributory pension scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.