Fleet Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician (HGV) – Guildford
- Company: Royal Mail
- Location: Guildford, Surrey
- Closing Date: 29-05-2022
Some 50,000 vehicles – including 6,000 HGVs & trailers – make our fleet one of the largest in the UK. To keep it efficient and effective we rely on a team of vehicle technicians to handle everything from routine servicing to major component rebuilds and vehicle modifications all whilst keeping up with rapidly changing vehicle technology including electric vehicles.
Over three years, our Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technicians learn through on-the-job training and classroom learning. We take individuals with a flair for mechanics and engineering, and turn them into automotive experts.
- Three-year programme, starting Sept 2022
- Starting salary of £13,129 to £20,063, depending on age and location, rising each year of the programme and on completion of the programme
- Salary on completion: minimum of £27,801 per year
- Training undertaken throughout the programme with an industry leading Apprentice training provider at their designated technical training academy
- Three GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C or higher required
Interview Date: 23/06/2022