- Company: BAE Systems
- Location: Guildford
- Closing Date: 14-01-2022
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence’s Procurement department is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their team. The Procurement department is responsible for the purchasing of all direct and indirect goods and services for our business, from laptops and hotels stays for employees, right through to complex Artificial Intelligence software that help keep our technology safe from cyber threats.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enter the world of Procurement, working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with varying and exciting roles and responsibilities across the Category Management, Bid and Delivery and Supplier Operations teams.
As a Procurement Apprentice, you will:
- Gain exposure to tendering exercises (finding the right products and services for the company) and how the team negotiate with suppliers to deliver the right product / service, at the right time, in the right place, and at the best value.
- Learn how to develop reporting, forecasting and building out KPI dashboards that optimise the team’s communications to their internal clients. There will additional opportunities to present findings to a small audience.
- Put your analytical and technical skills to the test by identifying opportunities for cost savings through analysis of spend data.
- Learn to use industry leading procurement databases and platforms to support their role in the team.
- Work with other functions such as Legal, Finance and Information Security
- Develop the necessary skills to manage some procurement specific transactional activities independently, such as;
- Reviewing the price of current goods / services against their historic costs and identifying opportunities for us to re-negotiate those costs with the supplier.
- Calculating, measuring and evaluating costs and benefits (savings and value add)
- Responding to purchasing requests from internal clients.
- Supporting negotiations
- Management of new supplier requests and supplier due-diligence activities, including supplier on boarding
What’s in it for you?
- Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship, along with CIPS certification
- £18,000 starting salary with regular, performance based uplifts throughout 2 year programme
- Competitive benefits package, with 25 days of annual leave and access to product and services discounts
- Support and mentorship from our Procurement and HR functions
What do you need for this Apprenticeship?
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and other MS applications either in a professional or academic setting
- An interest in Business, Finance, Legal and/or Supply Chain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A personal drive and enthusiasm that makes them stand out from the crowd
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (or equivalent) including a minimum C grade in Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum 18 years old
- CV submission & review
- Digital assessment
- Video interview