Network Engineer: Second Line Support IT Apprentice
- Company: QA
- Location: Redhill, West Sussex
- Closing Date: 18-08-2022
ABCOM (originally Albion Business Computers) started out as a computer asset management company, securing high profile contracts with reputable clients such as American Express and Sussex Police.
Recognising the problems businesses had with transitioning from manual to automated systems, we evolved to provide a support service and consequently added Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club to our expanding list of customers.
Duties: to be performed under the guidance of the directors.
– Provide telephone and remote second line support
– Provide site-based installation of hardware and software
– Provide site based second and third line support
– To cover Sussex and occasionally London areas
– What we are looking for:
– Experience in all aspects of installation and support for Windows 10 and 11.
– Experience in all aspects of support in relation to Server 2019.
– Experience in all aspects of support in relation to Microsoft Office 365.
– Experience with installation and support of networked based printing
– Basic PC based hardware diagnostics and fault-finding abilities
– Experience with setting up internet routers, wireless networks from various vendors
– To hold a full UK driver’s license and have own vehicle will be essential as travelling to different locations will be a key factor to the role.
An A-Level in ICT
OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.