Team Leader – The Saltaire Bar (Leeds Bradford Airport)
- Company: SSP
- Location: Leeds
- Closing Date: 30-04-2023
Job Title: Team Leader
Location: The Saltaire Bar – Leeds Bradford Airport
Rate of Pay: £11.85 per hour and an extra £1.50 per hour for hours worked between midnight and 6am, bringing your rate of pay to £13.35 per hour, (from 1st April 2023)
Contract/Hours: Permanent 30 hours pw
Shift Pattern: various between 2am – Midnight
You may be wondering who are SSP? Well, we’re one of the best kept secrets in Hospitality and Retail.
You may not know us by name, but you will know us from our brands. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes, food courts and retail stores in airports, train stations, motorway service areas and other leisure locations.
Inspire while you work at The Saltaire Bar…Would you love to work in a lively, fun environment with like-minded people? If you have previous experience leading a team this could be the next step for you. Don’t worry if you have never worked in a bar before we provide you with all the necessary training.
- Customer service focused
- A team player
- A great communicator
- A person who loves to work hard and play harder
- An experienced leader – previously worked in a similar role
- Eager to learn new skills
If the answer is yes, and you have a passion for having a great time and delivering a great experience to thirsty and hungry customers then we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll do as a Team Leader:
- Deliver excellent customer service through your team
- Support the management team in the running of shifts
- Train the team to serve food and drinks to specification
- Involved in various back of house duties alongside front of house tasks
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policies to maintain a clean, safe and legal workplace
- Support and guide our amazing team to be even more incredible in their roles
Here’s what we need from our Team Leader:
- We have full and part time positions. We open our doors early in the morning 2am and sometimes don`t close them until late at night midnight, so offering great flexibility of working hours.
- Due to some responsibilities within the Team Leader role, applicants will need to be 18 years of age or over to perform certain tasks or work on certain shifts
- Successful candidates will be required to provide references for the last 5 years and undergo a Criminal Record Check in line with Airport Security Regulations.
Here’s what we give our Team Leader:
- Free parking
- Free mealson shift
- Award winning training and development with access to apprenticeships
- Up to 75% Employee discounton a variety of SSP brands and franchises across the UK including M&S, Starbucks, Burger King, Caffe Ritazzaand many more!
- Tax free shopping
- Travel support scheme
- Discounts on shopping, days out, health and wellbeing, cinemas and more!
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- UK pension plans
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support: Retail Trust
- Family friendly leave
- Free uniform
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at SSP. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to engaging all of our people, so they feel valued and motivated; we champion diversity, promote inclusion, and ensure equality. We respect and protect human rights and prevent discrimination; and we positively impact our communities. We encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual identity and orientation or age.